The Public Health Engineering and Water and Sanitation Department (PHE & WS) of Arunachal Pradesh with the support of UNICEF organised a five-day Training of Trainers (ToT) programme for Master Trainers to accelerate the implementation of Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen (SBM-G) Phase II across the state.
Around 70 participants including engineers, consultants and block coordinators attended the training programme held in Itanagar from 19th to 23rd September, 2022.
The trainees would in turn impart training to create a pool of competent human resources at Gram Panchayat, Block and District level to strengthen the capacities of village functionaries – to sustain open defecation free status and put in place systems to manage solid and liquid waste, to bring about visual cleanliness in their villages.
Additionally, the trainees learnt about technology options, funding available for roll out of ODF Plus activities, the importance of operation and maintenance for long term sustainability and the activities that needed to be done for achieving model ODF Plus villages.
Agenda of the training programme:
- Introduction to SBM-G Phase II, concept of ODF sustainability
- Implementation of biodegradable waste management; technology options
- Concept of Gobardhan – waste to wealth programme and technology options
- Plastic waste management and technology options
- Liquid waste management and technology options
- Faecal sludge management and technology options
- Community led planning process for preparation of Village Sanitation Plan
- Practical sessions including demonstrations at the field with participation in sanitation walk, documentation and Gram Sabha
- Group work on preparation of village sanitation plan, making reports
- Discussions on climate change and the resource envelope
- Uploading of sanitation plan on e-gramswaraj
- IEC and IPC with focus on ODF Plus and hygiene promotion
- Business models for sustainable service delivery