Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen (SBM-G) in collaboration with Drinking Water and Sanitation Department, Jharkhand has launched a weeklong campaign titled Chuppi Todo Swasth Raho to mark World Menstrual Hygiene Management Day.
Menstrual Hygiene Day is an annual awareness day on May 28 to highlight the importance of good menstrual hygiene management at a global level.
The campaign was launched during a state level webinar on May 28, 2021. The virtual meeting saw the presence of the Minister, Mr. Mithilesh Kumar Thakur, DWSD along with secretaries of Rural Development, Panchayati Raj, Education, and Director DWSD and SBM-G and UNICEF Chief.
The main objective of the webinar was to present a dedicated state MHM scheme for Jharkhand in convergence with all the key departments to ensure a MHM friendly atmosphere for girls and women of the state.
Respective DCs, DDCs and key officials from all the districts participated in the state level programme along with young warriors and Civil Society Organisation networks, all the frontline workers (Jalsahiyas, teachers, SHGs, etc) through a live session on YouTube.
While the opening remarks were made by Mrs. Nancy Sahay, Director, SBM-G; the objective of the webinar was given by Mr. Laxmi Ranjan Saxena, WASH Officer, UNICEF. This was followed by a presentation titled – It is time to join hands for MHM Scheme in Jharkhand by Shri Prasanta Dash, CFO, UNICEF.
- MHM under SBM-G, role of DWSD in improving Water and sanitation infrastructure at institutional and community level by Shri Prashant Kumar, Secretary – DWSD.
- Overview on access of MHM facilities for school and out of schoolgirls by Shri Rajesh Sharma, Secretary Education
- Role of PRIs in utilising 15th Finance Commission Fund for ensuring MHM infrastructure (incinerators) by Shri Rahul Sharma, Secretary – PRI
- Livelihood promotion through linkage with JSLPS for pad production – Mrs. Aradhana Patnaik, Secretary Rural Development
- The Keynote address was by Shri Mithilesh Kumar Thakur, Minister DWSD, Government of Jharkhand.