The painting and essay competitions that took place as a part of the Gandagi Mukt Bharat (GMB) campaign held between 8th and 15th August 2020 received numerous entries from students across the country. Winner of both the competitions were awarded during the Swachh Bharat Diwas (Gandhi Jayanthi) function held virtually on October 2, 2020.
According to the Ministry of Education, Government of India, which managed the competitions, a whopping 15,71,625 entries were received from students of classes 6-8 for the painting competition and as many as 8,68,151 entries were received from students of classes 9-12 for the essay competition.
The students had brilliantly portrayed their ideas through their paintings and expressed their enthusiastic and unique views through their essays on the theme – Gandagi Mukt Mera Gaon.
Here are winners that were recognised by the Union Minister of Jal Shakti, Government of India, Mr. Gajendra Singh Shekhawat:
- Vedang Vishnu Gaunkar (13) from Class 8 of Dr. K.B. Hedgewar High School in Goa secured the first prize in the painting competition.
2. Swastika Pal (12) from Class 8 of Kendriya Vidyalaya School in North 24 Parganas District of West Bengal secured the second prize in the painting competition.
3. Radhika Kumari (13) from Class 8 of Indira Awas Middle School in Bhojpur District of Bihar secured the third prize in the GMB painting competition.
- Shweta Shirwas (16) from Class 11 of Government Higher Secondary School in Jabalpur District of Madhya Pradesh bagged the first prize for the GMB essay competition.
2. Tsewang Chuskit (17) of Class 11 in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya in Leh secured the second prize in the GMB essay competition.
3. Anees K.K. of Government Higher Secondary Schools, Wayanad in Kerala secured III prize in the GMB Essay Competition
3. Komal Sharma (17) of Class 11 in Swami Vivekanand Government Model School in Bhilwada District of Rajasthan secured the third prize in the GMB essay competition.